Wood steps – a classic at its best. They make each project unique and the owner happy as well as arousing the curiosity of the visitors.
We produce made-to-measure steps in various dimensions and designs, meant to be used with self-supporting structures and in concrete staircases.
Our treads are made of solid plywood, without finger joints.
Our portfolio includes comprehensive solutions for constructing wood stairs, such as winder stairs, intermediate landings, pillars, guard rails, stair risers, and wood strings. Do not hesitate to contact us.
Finish classes influencing the character of the ready product:
Pure AA grade
40-70 mm wide slats, without sapwood, occasional pencil knots up to 5 mm and natural discolourations are acceptable; wood matched by colour.
Natural AB grade
70-100 mm wide slats, without sapwood, sound and grown up knots up to 25 mm, natural discolourations are acceptable, without cracks, the difference in hue of the slats are acceptable,
Rustic BC grade
Slats up to 220 mm wide, sound sapwood; sound, black, open knots; hairline cracks not affecting technical features of a product are acceptable, optionally filled with black resin; large discolourations and differences in hue are acceptable
As part of wide-ranging customisation we offer additional finish options:
- Varnishing – we use acrylic varnishes and two-component varnishes creating very durable coatings that maintain their flexibility needed for comprehensive protection of a surface of natural material such as wood. They are highly resistant to water, alcohols, and cleaning agents.
- Oiling creates natural coating resistant to temperature and liquids for household use. It has a pleasant fragrance and is meant to be easily refurbished in household conditions. The product highlights the beauty of graining and allows the natural touch of wood to be preserved.
- Brushing – deepens the grains and imparts a delicate texture to the surface.
- Filling in losses in grade C with black resin improves the performance characteristics of a top with natural cracks while ensuring an excellent visual effect.
- Two-sided treatment – also from below in case of products visible after assembly, such as open-work construction stairs.
- Treatment of edges to be painted– comprehensive preparation of raw top edges with R1, R5 or R10 milling cutter before painting. Price includes treatment if a painting is ordered.